Number of overnight stays increased in August 2022
The number of nights spent by visitors in August 2022 was 13 per cent higher than in the previous year. Especially in Uusimaa, overnight stays increased by one half from August 2021.
In total, 1.75 million overnight stays were recorded for resident visitors and 0.56 million overnight stays for non-resident visitors in August 2022. The number of overnight stays by non-resident visitors was double compared to the previous year. The number of overnight stays by Russian visitors grew in August compared to previous months. These figures are preliminary data from Statistics Finland's accommodation statistics.
- The number of overnight stays by resident visitors was slightly lower than in the previous year, but eight per cent higher than in August 2019 before the corona pandemic.
- The number of nights spent by foreign visitors was good fourth lower than in August 2019. The largest groups of visitors were from Germany, Sweden and Russia.
- The number of overnight stays by Russian visitors exceeded 38,000 in August. The share of overnight stays was around 40 per cent of the number in August 2019.
- The occupancy rate of hotel rooms was 58 per cent. Compared to the previous year, the occupancy rate grew by nine per cent.
- The average price of a hotel room was EUR 114, having been EUR 100 one year earlier. The price of a hotel room was highest in Pirkanmaa, EUR 128.